• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guy drives over my stuff in parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FHawk

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Went autocrossing with the SCCA on a private parking lot. A spectating Dad of a 16 year old participant drove over my t-top in the "paddock" area of the parking lot. If you're not familiar, loose items must be removed from every car for safety reasons, so a portion of the parking lot becomes a padock area where people store coolers, helmets, floor mats spare tires, jacks etc. My t-top was flanked by my red tool box and a red and white cooler a small air compressor and two helmet bags. Anyhow, this stuff was all within the parking space adjacent to my car. The man who ran over my pit area was parked in the stall across from my pit. As he went to leave, he pulled forward through his parking spot into the one my stuff occupied.

Guy gives me a phone # and leaves me with the mess. He won't settle or pay unless his insurance company says it was his fault. He said, "How was I supposed to see it?" Dunno, dark top top flanked by three red items on light colored concrete, seems difficult, I know. His insurance has since denied the claim. My insurance isn't willing to fight it out.

Do I now have a strong small claims case?

Thanks for any help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">