• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking lot accident - won't pay damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tricci

Is this legal????

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota

A friends of mine got into an accident. She was driving out of the parking lot and saw someone who was starting to back out of their space. My friend assumed she would stop, but this other woman didn't and backed right into my friends vehicle. The other woman did not want to go through her insurance because she said she would be dropped. But now she is saying that she did call her insurance agent and the agent is saying that is it both of their faults and that she should only pay 50% of my friend's claim and this woman is also stating that she gets to pick the body shop and not my friend.
My friend did not get the insurance information at the time (they are co-workers) and now she can not get it from this other woman. What can my friend do and is it true that this other woman only has to pay 50% of the damage to my friend's vehicle?

Last edited:

hnguyen

No standing zone

The same thing happened to me. A guy hit my car while backing out of his parking space. But he's refusing to take responsibilty because he said my car was park in a no standing zone.

Who is at fault?

Shay-Pari'e

tricci said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota

A friends of mine got into an accident. She was driving out of the parking lot and saw someone who was starting to back out of their space. My friend assumed she would stop, but this other woman didn't and backed right into my friends vehicle. The other woman did not want to go through her insurance because she said she would be dropped. But now she is saying that she did call her insurance agent and the agent is saying that is it both of their faults and that she should only pay 50% of my friend's claim and this woman is also stating that she gets to pick the body shop and not my friend.
My friend did not get the insurance information at the time (they are co-workers) and now she can not get it from this other woman. What can my friend do and is it true that this other woman only has to pay 50% of the damage to my friend's vehicle?

Your friend has been answered. Her insurance company will pay half, as she was found at fault also. When you say "This woman is now picking the body shop", it is the insurance company handling the claim that is picking the body shop.

Your friend cannot do anything more, the insurance company has resolved the issues at this point.

Shay-Pari'e

hnguyen said:
The same thing happened to me. A guy hit my car while backing out of his parking space. But he's refusing to take responsibilty because he said my car was park in a no standing zone.

Who is at fault?
Did you take the appropriate measures? Did you file a police report? Did you file a claim with your insurance company?

hnguyen

Parking lot accident

Yes, I file a claim with my insurance and police was present. No police report was made and no ticket was issue because accident happened on a parking lot. I do have other party's insurance information. I'm from VA.

JETX

hnguyen said:

Who is at fault?
You are hijacking someone elses thread and will NOT get an answer from a RESPONSIBLE person until you remove this violation and start your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">