• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advise On Taking Polygraph???????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1muncho

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

HI i am being questioned about a murder case involving a state tropper back in 1988 they asked me to take a polygraph test said a ole friend of mine was the prime suspect... this has been almost 17 years i remember nothin but should i take this could it get me in a jam? should i take the fifth? any advise has much thanks.........

BelizeBreeze

NEVER take a polygraph. IF you have an attorney then that attorney needs to be present however, I will NEVER submit to a polygraph. IF I have reason to participate, I require a VSA AND my attorney be present AND two tests within 15 minutes of each other. The first for a baseline and to be destroyed immediately and a second for consideration.

1muncho

Thanks for the advise man i am rattled this makes twice they have came to my workplace and ask me question makes me the talk of the office and is not good for my stress but i will tell them no on the poly graph any way for me to get them to stop coming to my workplace??? Thanks again.....

BelizeBreeze

Get an attorney and STOP talking to them. PERIOD! If they come to your workplace again, contact your attorney immediately.

This isn't about guilt or innocence. Frankly, I don't give a rat's donkey if you did it or not. But you NEVER speak to the police about a capital crime without representation. PERIOD!!!

1muncho

Thanks will contact my lawyer ASAP>>>>>>>>>>> Again Thanks for the fast reply and advice........................

S

SignorFrancesco

The one thing to keep in mind is, as Belize said, never deal with such matters without an attorney.

The other is, you are being asked about a case that has someone else as the prime suspect. Make sure that you tell the police that you don't want to discuss anything further without an attorney present. You don't have to seem stand-offish with them, which will only make them suspect that you know something and are hiding it. Which will prompt them to look at you more closely.

Just tell them the truth, that feel overwhelmed by the whole thing and feel that it would be best if you had an attorney present for any other questions or contact.

Again, as Belize said, contact an attorney immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">