• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 y/o with 15 y/o?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Draco432

What is the name of your state? Texas

Ok, if I get yelled at im sorry.... but this issue just came up and im really worried on the matter.... I love the girl I am with but she is 15 fixing to be 16.... I Just turned 18 back in July. I have the parents consent to date her and both of us are in a agreement and sign'd contract to not have sex till marrage. But today came out bad cause Her mother talked to one of her family who is a Detective.... and said that 18 y/o can not date a 15 y/o by state law.... and her mother doesnt want me to get in trouble.... but I love her and in need of advice.... My best friend is dating a girl and he is 18 and she is 16 and they been dating for awhile and anyone I ask on the matter said as long as we are not having sex its ok..... but I need writen proof.... if anyone can help me.... please do.... I will be unearthly greatful....

Thank you,
Cooper

BelizeBreeze

The so called Detective is not only wrong, he's stupid.

There are no statutory rape (per-se) statutes in the state of Texas and sexual assault is limited to the following defense:

(e) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(2) that the actor was not more than three years older than the victim, and the victim was a child of 14 years of age or older.

That being said, it's a good idea that you have a contract for no sex. Now follow it. She's a child and doesn't need to be having children.

D

Draco432

Thanks

Thank you... you confirmed what I was thinking..... And I feel the same away about the detective.... but Im a nice guy I dont like starting fights or agruements.... now I just have to find that writen down and print a copy of it to hold onto.... just in case.... I wanted to be a lawyer for the longest time so I try to have evidence in the matters to show what I do is legal.... I thank you again.... Have a Good night...

Cooper :D

Mz. Chris

Similar problem

I have almost exact same problem except I live in the state of Louisiana. Does the law go the same? If so, my birthday is October 26 (I'm 15) and his is May 10 (He's 18). That's like 3 yrs. 6 mths. and 16 days. Would that count as over 3 yrs. I know it is but do you think it would REALLY matter. Please reply!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">