• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this Foreclosure be stopped other than bailing out the loser ex-husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cracker999

What is the name of your state? California

I am trying to help a friend (who has an attorney) but rec'd some disturbing news tonight...I will give you bullet points:
Divorce is final...re-financing house to put in husbands name...Ex-husband wants house and is living in house...house is in my friends name though and husband is 3 months late on rent and her credit is damaged severly. Here's the question...Lender called my friend tonight and said there is a "Foreclosure Review" in the process. Here's my question...we want to put it up for sale and have a realtor in place....but we don't have the 3 months mtg. to bail out this A_ _ hole and we don't want it to foreclose and lose all the equity. Any creative idea's or solutions are welcome.

BelizeBreeze

this is a question you should be talking to her attorney and the bank about. Also, what does the divorce say about the house? Is it his, hers or both. And what about the deed to the house?

Any way you slice this, there's going to have to be some money changing hands to stop this process once it gets started.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">