• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD Question Related To SSD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

My friend got approved for LTD at her company. The company goes through a insurance carrier that has paid her for about 2 months, and the doctors are not sure if or when she will be able to return to work. She told me that this
insurance company has now referred a legal firm to help her apply for
SSD benefits. This legal firm called her and told her that the insurance company was going to pay for all the fees and expenses involved in the process of appling for the SSD benefits. Her question is if she does get approved for SSD benefits, and at a later time the insurance company decides not to continue paying their benefit to her, does this also mean she could also lose her SSD benefit? She feels it's really strange they want her to apply for SSD benefits, when she has only been on LTD for about 2 months.

M

mariecl

I too had this happen

Hi,
I dont know if you read my post below yours, but the insurance carrier dropped me after I was approved for SSD, the insurance paid me for a total of 24 months, than denied me. I think that they always do this, I have been unable to do anything about it either, cause the Lawyers say that there isnt enough money to help me. I hope that you can get some advice here, I have been waiting since last week for a reply from someone. Good luck

Marie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">