• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor's over watering seeping onto my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

simeon25

What is the name of your state?CA
My neighbor's yard is elevated with a retaining wall as the property line. The dirt next to the wall was getting wetter and wetter but the retaining wall was dry. I dug a small trench to see if any pipes were broken on my side and found nothing overnight, the trench filled with about 1 inch of water. It seems as though the neighbor is overwatering his lawn and the water is seeping underground to the lower point which is my property. They are out of town for the next 3 weeks and it appears as if the timed watering system is on. If this seeps into my garage before they get back, what is my recourse?

HomeGuru

simeon25 said:
What is the name of your state?CA
My neighbor's yard is elevated with a retaining wall as the property line. The dirt next to the wall was getting wetter and wetter but the retaining wall was dry. I dug a small trench to see if any pipes were broken on my side and found nothing overnight, the trench filled with about 1 inch of water. It seems as though the neighbor is overwatering his lawn and the water is seeping underground to the lower point which is my property. They are out of town for the next 3 weeks and it appears as if the timed watering system is on. If this seeps into my garage before they get back, what is my recourse?
**A: don't let it seep into your garage. Call the BOW and have then turn the main near off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">