• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jrts

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My husband's ex-wife is taking him back to court for child support. She has had someone to take pictures of property that we own. Our home, vehicles, land, etc.. There are also pictures of my, not my husband's, personal belongings. These pictures were shown in court. My personal belongings have nothing to do with my husband's. I don't feel that pictures of my belongings should have been on public display. The public should not know what I own unless I give permission. The back of our home is enclosed in glass and there are no blinds to the windows. Is there any legal action that I can take against her and the photographer for taking those pictures? What if they have pictures of my husband and I walking around in our house? Can I find out who took the pictures? I feel so uneasy walking around in my own home.

S

SignorFrancesco

Get an attorney IMMEDIATELY! A good Family Law attorney can start tearing this thing apart piece by piece. I don't know what the laws about tresspassing and private property are in Georgia, but if the items and areas were open to public view, then there may not be anything to be done about the photographs.

If the photographs were taken through illegal methods, then the court is going to want to know who took the pictures, which is going to put pressure on the Ex. The attorney will be able to help you sort through all of this.

By the way, what types of personal items were photographed? Something that would be in view of a windown with the curtain drawn? Or something that could only have been photographed from inside the house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">