• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Domain Poetry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

folkhero72

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Iowa

Hi - I have two related questions. I am getting ready to record a CD of songs that I have written both the words and music to, with two exceptions. The words for two of the songs came from some public domain poetry (at least I am under the impression that it is public domain at this point) that I enjoyed reading and decided to set to music. My questions are: 1) Will I still be able to copyright my entire CD as one work under my name? 2) Am I legally required to include the names of the authors of those two works in my CD credits? I intend to do so anyway as a courtesy, but just wondered if I really had to. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">