• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement check cashed by attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frogman

What is the name of your state?FL

Can an attorney deposit your settlement check into his bank account without you ever seeing it? Or SIGNING it? Then not even give you a call to tell you it has been received?

HomeGuru

frogman said:
What is the name of your state?FL

Can an attorney deposit your settlement check into his bank account without you ever seeing it? Or SIGNING it? Then not even give you a call to tell you it has been received?
**A: wow, an attorney would do such a thing?

F

frogman

workers comp

The thing is now the Dept of Labor has found out cause I called them to see when I should expect my money. I finally got my money but now I believe they owe me interest. Can I file charges against my attorney for putting my $ inhis bank without him telling me?

D

D.B. Cooper

This is how it is done. Your Attorney did not do anything wrong according to the information provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">