• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay Problem/Fraudulent Charges, IFCC trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ndnicks

Hello I live in Texas and I've recently become a seller on Ebay. I've tried very hard to raise my feedback and keep it at a nice and green level of satisfaction. Recently, I sold a computer video card, and the buyer did not want to buy shipping insurance, or a box, so I was forced to send his items in a padded envelope.

The total cost of his purchase after shipping was 21.59. He wants a refund because it arrived broken, or so he claims. He says he receives windows errors when he tries to use it, he says that its missing a screw although he bought it after looking at a picture of it. The postlady helped me pack it, the cd for the software drivers was completely intact and now he claims it is cracked.

He has filed a complaint with square trades and with paypal, and threatens to report me to the IFCC. I dont want to refund it, because he could have broken them himself, especially if the card simply doesn't work for his computer type and he knew I wouldn't refund it.

Please, what can I do to get him to stop harrassing me? I've never had anything like this happen to me before.

EDIT: He lives in Canada and it shipped very far to get there.

Last edited:

cmorris

Since you did what you should have, SquareTrade and Ebay will do nothing to you. Plus, he is in Canada! What does he think he can do? When/If he sends negative feedback, make a comment about what happened.

Next time, make insurance and a box mandatory. If the buyer doesn't like that, let someone else buy it. Just be sure to state that in the auction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">