• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dongaveli4

What is the name of your state? Texas

My friend who is 22 yrs of age recently got charged of possesing the marijuana. He was at the beach... got jumped by random people at the party lost his contact lenses, on the way back to houston from the beach, he lost a control of his vehicle and ran into a tree on the side of the road reason being of losing his contact lens from the rumble. Police came and the ambulance as well, while he was in the ambulance car he resisted to go to the hospital due to the fee and the cops hand cuffed him for having marijuana in his car not telling him how much he had on him in the car. He spent one day in the jail and we bailed him out. He doesn't smoke or stuff like im thinking the people from the beach had put some stuff in his vehicle or might of left something in his car. and now he is being accused of possesion of marijuana. is there anything we could do to help our friend out? This guy served in the military for 4yrs and got out with honorable discharge and now his life is all in mess. please feed back on its issue that he did not have do anything with the possesion of marijuana.

CdwJava

I don't suppose the crash could have been partially due to inebriation by marijuana, and his reluctance to go to the hospital might have been because they would find the THC in his system.

I doubt a court is going to believe he got jumped on the beach and then the guys that did it tossed their marijuana in the car ... for what? To give him some way to relieve the pain from his injuries?

Now ... what REALLY happened?

And if you choose to stick with that story ... or if HE chooses to stick with the story, he's going to be convicted for possession.

- Carl

D

D.B. Cooper

He doesn't smoke or stuff
Yes he does!

according to him not even a gram... maybe crums...
And this statement shows that you/him are full of it. A non user does not have a clue what a gram looks like.

K

kaio

"And this statement shows that you/him are full of it. A non user does not have a clue what a gram looks like."

that is the dumbest stereotypical view i have heard all year. Marijuana has been around for so loong, people may not smoke it but they do know how much a gram is. its just a weight, im sure more people know what a pound of something weighs like, a gram is not much different. police officers can even guess what a gram is, and thats not just because they have alot of experience busting kids or from their training. i dont understand why half the people in this forum like be a stereotypical ******* and jump to the first ******* pitch line they can think of instead of actually trying to help a persons situation... this is what this forum is for right? helping others that dont know the law to well?

first off, theres not much you can do for your friend, it was in his possession or in his car when he got in an accident..... but in most states, possession is just a misdimeanor meaning his life wont get all screwed up, infact if he takes some classes which have random drug tests, he could get the ticket dropped from his record within months. i've seen people get this ticket dropped from just having a gram or less, but it really matters on how the gram was found and the entire story to what the driver tells, so i cant really help any more than that off the top of my mind ...

D

D.B. Cooper

You have been hitting the pot pipe to much, and do not have a clue of what you speak.
People may not smoke it but they do know how much a gram is.
Sure they do...A person that has had no experience with drugs, can not look at a bag of drugs and say "that's a gram"

but it really matters on how the gram was found
Another moronic statement considering the posters original story. What retarded train of thought is this?

and the entire story to what the driver tells
Sure tell him it was put thier by space aliens.. The Judge will understand.

so i cant really help any more than that off the top of my mind ...
mmm...you know what a gram looks like, don't you, go toke up another blunt and fry your brian some more.

dongaveli4

none

thank you for your comment i strongly agree with you on the first paragraph of your statement towarding the people here in general but thats how it is i guess. But about the issue, he is just waiting for the court date to come and many of us recommended to get an attorny for the situation because that he does not want to mess up his honorable discharge from the Navy plus his records and stuff. but again, thank you.

Shay-Pari'e

He has already been discharged, it will have no effect. Your question on this forum has been answered.

Do him a big favor and tell him not to use the excuse that the guy's who beat him up, felt bad and put pot in his car.

Get real will you? This is legal advice that you have gotten. Your friend was lucky he only ran into a tree,(We know, lost the contacts on the beach), he could of went head on into the family in the oncoming lane.

L

luvnlsu

hope this helps

if you let the judge/your attorney know that that he served in the military and was released honorably - they will really help you. Ex - even if he were to get probation or whatever - they could erase the charges from his record - courtesy because he served in the military because we are ALL VERY THANKFUL for him serving in the military. :)

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)they could erase the charges from his record - courtesy because he served in the military because we are ALL VERY THANKFUL for him serving in the military.(QUOTE)

Where do you get this information? Why are you posting that nonsense? Do you even know what you are talking about?

We are all grateful to the men and woman who have put on the uniform, but it does not give them a "Hall Pass" to commit a crime.

L

luvnlsu

Paradise can't read

I said after he does his probation or whatever, THEN they would erase his arrest off his record. I did not say give them a free pass to commit a crime. :D

Shay-Pari'e

luvnlsu said:
I said after he does his probation or whatever, THEN they would erase his arrest off his record. I did not say give them a free pass to commit a crime. :D
And you are still wrong. :D Again, please at least state the statute for this law since you are misleading the poster.

snostar

luvnlsu said:
What do you mean by 'whatever'?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">