• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How important is the "Remarks" Section?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msykes

What is the name of your state? California

I live in Menlo Park, and we have an extremely annoying law which does not allow you to park on the street overnight - a real hassle for those of us with two cars in the family and one parking spot.

In any case, I forgot to move my car the other night, and got a ticket for it. The ticket has a timestamp, which reads the correct date and time as this past wednesday, 2:32 am. (9/29/04).

However, the "Remarks" section says:

"PRKED OVERNIGHT 01/21/04"

So clearly the officer made a mistake in the Remarks section and put in the wrong date. So my question is whether this Remarks section has any legal bearing or not. It's as if they issued the ticket 9/29, for an infraction on 1/21

Any thoughts?

msykes

CdwJava

Since this is a municipal code issue, it's really not much of an issue at all unless the city parking authority wants to let it be a way out.

You can appeal the parking ticket and see what happens.

- Carl

racer72

I would say it's a case of someones 9's looking like a 1. My wife's 5's look an awful lot like 6's which has caused some confustion in the past.

M

msykes

9's looking like 1's... I didn't think about that. The ticket itself is machine printed, but I suppose the officer's ticketing machine might be using some kind of handwriting recognition.

Thanks for the replies.

msykes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">