• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Christian Neighbors and Their "Richy" House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveoFett

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
We are a younger couple that have 2 daughters.We have had a feud with our neighbors for the last couple of years.My daughter is old enough to go out and run around in the back yard to play and every time we'd go out with her they'd come out and almost break their necks to "spy" on us.It was such a routine that it wasn't a coincedence.Wel after noticing his 72 yr. old infactuation with "little" girls.(We caught him recently enjoying himself while watching a 6yr old girl and 9 yr old boy playing doctor in a neighbors yard) He things noone can see him "spying" through the 2 inch gaps in his privacy fence in his front yard.
Our feud started when his 70 yr old wife chewed me out for the wind blowing grass cuttings in her precious flower garden.I told her what i thought of her and her nonsense,and to keep her dogs and children out of my yard.(They let their dogs wander in our yard to do their business and their grandkids have stolen my daughters toys from the front yard) Well she turned into a little minded child by screaming LIAR, LIAR at me over and over until her husband came out.I told them off and went to return inside when he threatened me to keep my mouth shut or he'd shut it for me.(This was when I was half way in the house) I flipped around and went back out and told him to come on over.
Well 2 days later we were in the front yard when there 50 yr old nephew comes home and and starts cussing me and tell me he wanted to bend me over and do unnatural things to my behind.(There are about 10 kids all under 12 between him and me.)I went in and called the police and the lied and said i called him a ****** when he got out of his car so the cops didn't do anything to help.
One week went by and there is their dogs in my yard raising hell at the fence where my dogs are.I tried getting their attention and they just were obliviouse to what was going on. he finally looked over his shoulder and was shocked to see me standing there tell my wife to call animal control.He then came into my yard and told me he was going show me what it's like to be a "real" man.So I was the bigger man and went inside and called the police, they did nothing again.
Now they have turned the "WHOLE" dead end street against us, noone talks to us anymore and my little girl has noone to play with until we got new neighbors on the other side of us.Since they became are friends they noticed how everyone has gone out of their way to avoid both families now.
We want to put a privacy fence up but we aren't financial well of like our bad neighbors are.They have a $100 k lot and house and ours is $30k.Thats a big difference in looks, we looked lived in and they are always adding something else to the house.we pulled out some awful bushes that were on our side and we went out to dinner came back and they already had that new privacy fence up in the front.I measured the width of our yard and it's supposed to be 55 feet its a foot short on their side,Since they poured a concrete walkway and this extravagant garden of hers.Her flowers and plants all are growing through my side of the fence, and to get rid of her grass problems she sprayed poison on my grass in a 1 foot wide by 15 foot long strip.Since i don't have a video camera to catch this the police did nothing.(Should of been a charge vandalism)

What can I do with limited funding to prove they're doing wrong?
What can I do to get my property back to put a fence through her garden?
What can I do to protect from their I'm bigger than God attitude, Since they seem to have everyone on the city council in their pockets?

It's getting real old everytime the dogs go nuts I look out and they're in the middle of doing something else that a normal respectful person wouldn't.
Please someone help, so far noone will not even the police.

cmorris

Go to an electronic store and purchase a wireless, outdoor sercurity system. You should be able to get one for a couple hundred dollars. I understand financial issues, but you will need proof to push the issue. The system will connect to a TV and VCR so it can be recorded. Then, IF there is anything worthwhile on tape, the police might do something.

BelizeBreeze

First of all, you need to get a recent survey of the property. IF the privacy fence is on their land, then nothing can be done. If it's on your land, then you can sue them to remove it.

If it's on thier land and anything grows through it or over or under it, cut it back ONLY to the fence. The same where there is no fence. If it intrudes into your space (proven by a survey) then cut it.

And although the security camera is a good idea, I prefer a video camera. You can buy a cheap one at a pawn shop for the same money and carry it whenever you're in your yard.

And the last thing I would advise is KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! I don't care if they call you white trash little female dog that has puss you turn around and walk away.

skyspirit

I was in the same kind of feud with one of my neighbors. Every time I walked outside (or my kids were outside), he'd try to start crap with me. This butthead is a REAL gem! He would sit on his front porch and watch me. He would try to look in my bedroom window that faces his porch. He woulld yell cusswords at me, blow his grass on my vehicles on purpose, let his dog crap in my yard, pull up reflectors that I had installed to keep him from driving thru my grass....YOU NAME IT, HE DID IT.

I went to see the prosecutor and told him about the butthead harassing me. He had to report to the prosecutor, and for a time, quit bothering me.

Things finally came to a head when I sued this man for putting stakes in my recently-surveyed yard. I not only sued him for his encroachment (after sending him 5 or 6 certified letters begging him to remove his stake or we'd go to court), but I also sued him for MANY zoning violations.

Once in court, his 2 attorneys and my attorney drew up an agreement between both parties. He agreed to comply with the zoning code--and if he didn't, it would cost him $100 per day in sanctions.

In short, two years passed and he was STILL in non-compliance. We went back to court asking for our $100 per day (x 2+ years). The trial court modified the amout (sua sponte) to a lesser amount. We appealed and won.
Funny--he doesn't harass me much anymore, but he is STILL in non-compliance with his own agreement...I have a lien on his house for an unbelievable amount that I will probably never collect on, but he knows it is there.

My point is, this is a CIVIL matter. The police are not going to get involved in a dispute among neighbors unless some criminal act was made. Your best bet, in my opinion, is to go see the prosecutor about the harassment. If that doesn't solve the problem, go see an attorney.

skyspirit

john123456 said:
skyspirit:

You state it is a civil matter then recommend the OP see the prosecutor..huh?
Ok--I guess i should have clarified that if it is NOT a matter for the prosecutor, THEN see AN ATTORNEY...

S

SteveoFett

HomeGuru said:
This thread is rated in the negative.

So why do I need your 2 cents if you just want to post the very obvious?
If you don't want to help, then why waste your "positive" time.I received help here from a couple of members that has been very useful. (Thank You Guys) If it's the Christian part of my post that upsets everyone then you should know what it is to be one. My neighbors ,which are 72, he sleep around with hookers ,watches and spies on little girls on a daily basis , curses and fights. She thinks everyone is based on material possesions and is so two-faced Satan would be impressed.They both think they can buy anybody the meet.(he gave me a hundred because we LOOKED poor to him,and I refused)If not then this just clarifies what type of Christians they are.So don't even wasting your time by replying with your analysis of my mental psyche, or as I am the one who antagonized it all or any else of your "Senior Member" privileges your tiny mind might try to conceive.
To the rest of you actual helping people,Thank You again.Your advice helped me get an civil suit started.(and I'm winning)

NOW lets see if I can get the "Worst Post of the Year" award with this.

Last edited:
D

D.B. Cooper

I was in the same kind of feud with one of my neighbors. Every time I walked outside (or my kids were outside), he'd try to start crap with me. This butthead is a REAL gem! He would sit on his front porch and watch me. He would try to look in my bedroom window that faces his porch. He woulld yell cusswords at me, blow his grass on my vehicles on purpose, let his dog crap in my yard, pull up reflectors that I had installed to keep him from driving thru my grass....YOU NAME IT, HE DID IT.

I went to see the prosecutor and told him about the butthead harassing me. He had to report to the prosecutor, and for a time, quit bothering me.

Things finally came to a head when I sued this man for putting stakes in my recently-surveyed yard. I not only sued him for his encroachment (after sending him 5 or 6 certified letters begging him to remove his stake or we'd go to court), but I also sued him for MANY zoning violations.

Once in court, his 2 attorneys and my attorney drew up an agreement between both parties. He agreed to comply with the zoning code--and if he didn't, it would cost him $100 per day in sanctions.

In short, two years passed and he was STILL in non-compliance. We went back to court asking for our $100 per day (x 2+ years). The trial court modified the amout (sua sponte) to a lesser amount. We appealed and won.
Funny--he doesn't harass me much anymore, but he is STILL in non-compliance with his own agreement...I have a lien on his house for an unbelievable amount that I will probably never collect on, but he knows it is there.

My point is, this is a CIVIL matter. The police are not going to get involved in a dispute among neighbors unless some criminal act was made. Your best bet, in my opinion, is to go see the prosecutor about the harassment. If that doesn't solve the problem, go see an attorney.
I Love This Story. Good Job :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">