• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold Business but now new owner refuses to pay me back.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tunacan

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I sold my business a year ago to a former co-worker. We both signed a contract (had it notorized) that stated she would pay me the full amount due ($20,000) by the end of September 2004. She has since only paid $4,000 of what the contracted states. What legal action can I take at this time?
Can I sue her in Small Claims Court? Is the amount too large for Small Claims? What other options do I have in order to get the money that she owes me?? Thank you.

HomeGuru

Tunacan said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I sold my business a year ago to a former co-worker. We both signed a contract (had it notorized) that stated she would pay me the full amount due ($20,000) by the end of September 2004. She has since only paid $4,000 of what the contracted states. What legal action can I take at this time?
Can I sue her in Small Claims Court? Is the amount too large for Small Claims? What other options do I have in order to get the money that she owes me?? Thank you.
**A: file in regular claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">