• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overtime pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cenzo

What is the name of your state? MA

I work for one employer who has several clients in this area. If I work 40 hours for Client A (my regular place of employment) and 8 hours for Client B in the same week am I eligible to receive 8 hours pay at the overtime 1 1/2 hourly rate even though Client B's pay rate is $.50 per hour less than Client A ?
Also, am I eligible to receive the standard $.375 per mile auto mileage reimbursement for the difference in mileage to Client B compared to the mileage I normally travel to Client A ?

Thank you for your assistance.

Beth3

I work for one employer who has several clients in this area. If I work 40 hours for Client A (my regular place of employment) and 8 hours for Client B in the same week am I eligible to receive 8 hours pay at the overtime 1 1/2 hourly rate even though Client B's pay rate is $.50 per hour less than Client A ? Are you in an exempt or non-exempt job? If exempt, then you aren't entitled to OT pay no matter how many hours you work. The fact that your employer bills your services on an hourly rate isn't relevant.

Also, am I eligible to receive the standard $.375 per mile auto mileage reimbursement for the difference in mileage to Client B compared to the mileage I normally travel to Client A ? That's entirely a matter of company policy, not the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">