• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity theft Attorney Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

christyarmour

What is the name of your state? Washington State
My dad is a disabled vet who has had m.s. since 1969. I am his Power of Attorney. Back in August I noticed two accounts on his credit report in which i found it hard to believe he took out. After questioning him he showed angier in which he was unaware of the accounts. One is for 2600 and the other for 4000. After reviewing the accounts and contacting the customer service and having both accounts closed and turned in for fraud My fathers younger daughter adn her boyfriend have admitted that the accounts they had taken out. They only admitted the theft in hope that I would stop the fraud from going through. Neverless, I am not stopping as I have also filled a police report. The Theft claims that my father who cannot physically sign his name signed a piece of paper that she wrote up giving her power to take out any credit cards in his name. I was wondering a couple things? Would this excuse stand up in court? In a case of Identity theft does the accusing party ever attend court? Should I be gathering evidence to support my claim that it was against my fathers knowledge, and if so what kind of evidence? What role does the local police play in the investigation? I would appreciate any help I can get on this important issue. Thank yOu

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">