• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andrasnm

California small biz with no money. I finally found some backers who promised to sell my work. I have written a course and an audio CD. We have no contract so I am afraid that I will be taken advantage.
So now I am about to register my work for copyright but what if I need to make changes? Do I need to re-register. Are small modifications allowed between the final version of the course (and or CD)?
I can't affrod an attorney so I need your advice.
If my work is registered and propected I do not need to worry too much about the agreement being oral only. Am I nuts to fo for this?
In principle my partner agreed to sign an agreement and he seem real nice and he is my last chance. I do not want to screw things up.

BelizeBreeze

Sorry, but you are an accident waiting to happen. I'll let someone else teach you about international contract law and spend years trying to teach you about U.S. Torts.

A

andrasnm

I am in CA now

I have tried to change my profile. My partner is in RI
Hungary will never enter into the picture (so do not worry)
it is US copyright question not brain surgery. :)

BelizeBreeze

andrasnm said:
I have tried to change my profile. Mt partner is in RI
And YOU are not. Regardless, you are asking questions that would take at least a year of U.S. Tort law to answer, not including international trade agreement understanding and add to that the European Union treaty on International Torts.

you need an attorney in RI with international experience.

A

andrasnm

no my MAIN Q was about the copyright

--- I am in CA---
do not think of the worst - if I register(copyright) the work, and change later is that a new registration?
P.S. I will control the production etc and the money.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">