• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperated since Jan.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lholland

What is the name of your state? GA

My husband and I split Jan. 16th, 2004 (3 days after I found out I was pregnant w/ twins - yes they are his). I gave birth in July, and he currently is visiting w/ the children at my home, and he takes them to his family for visits EOW for about 4 hours on Saturday. He is paying 1/2 of the co-pays and insurance right now, but that's about it. He has paid some money, but it only adds up to about $100 each kid since they were born, and he claims he can't afford any more. I'm speaking with some attorneys now that I'm back at work (had to go on maternity leave in Apr), to start divorce proceedings - what do I need to look out for w/ children this young with regards to visitation and custody. I know he wants 50/50, I want full custody. He also quit his job w/in a month of seperating and claims he's working for himself, but I think he's working either with or for someone. Can a lawyer find this information out when we start divorce proceedings?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">