• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug possession charge while on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

e double

What is the name of your state? North Carolina - I am actually seeking advice for my husband because he is on pins and needles right now. Back in 2001 he was convicted with a felony charge in Florida(non-violent nor drug-related) and was given probation for 7 years. If he violated he was to return to Florida to serve out a sentence of 18 years. Florida was able to transfer his probation here to North Carolina where he has been on supervised probation. A friend of my husband's brother called him this past Friday and asked if he could drop him off to work. After dropping him off, two undercover police cars pulled him over. They told him they pulled him over for a fictitious license plate. He showed them the bill of sale but they insisted on searching the car. My husband did not have a problem with them searching the car because he knew there was nothing to find. Well, they found 2 3/4 grams of cocaine in the passengers side door(so you know where it came from). I could not believe they gave him a bond considering he was already a convicted felon. Anyway the guy he dropped off confessed to my husband about the drugs being his. My husband's lawyer is aware of the guy's confession and is trying to arrange something with the D.A. before it goes to court so that the guy can write a confession. Can he be violated if the charges are dropped? Will this even go to Florida if the charges are dropped? What are his chances of the charges being dropped? I hope someone can tell me something good because he is innocent and is really scared he will be extradited.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">