• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The cops messed up?!!??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shauness2004

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Yesterday the Narcotics divesion arrested my fiance for dist of cocaine. The thing is she is not a dealer and has never sold anything to anyone she even offered to take a lie detector test. The cops said she sold to a undercover agent but we are broke and have no money and have never sold this stuff, I have never even seen the stuff other than whats on TV. What kind of proof must they have to send out a warrent? Is there a way to prove we are innocent without any evidence, we even offered them to search the house and drug test us and they said no. We have three small children and she is a stay at home mom with no car or license there is no way she could of done it. We can't afford a lawyer and I know everyone say this all the time but I know she is innocent.. Any advice would be great for us she has court the 25 of this month.. Yes to answer the question you might be asking she has no priors and nothing on her record nither one of us does!!!! HELP!! :mad:

L

luvnlsu

hope this helps

She has to be given a pubic defender. They are good but they have a huge case load. Talk to the PD often. Write a resume of your family and get it to the defender. Ask the PD questions! Find out what information the PD needs? What can you do? What happens next? Can she get out of jail? How? etc
Do you have a pastor? Call him, get him involved. Surely he should know someone to help you.
There is probably a ministry of people from some church around that can help.
Friends? Do they know anyone of power that can help? Meaning any officers that can help - ask your PD if this is a good idea in your area.
Family? I would ask everyone that i could what you can do and who you can go and talk to about your case.
I would continue on the internet - but a word of warning - don't get offended by some of the responses. There are jerks on the internet, too.
God bless you and your family.

Shay-Pari'e

luvnlsu said:
She has to be given a pubic defender. They are good but they have a huge case load. Talk to the PD often. Write a resume of your family and get it to the defender. Ask the PD questions! Find out what information the PD needs? What can you do? What happens next? Can she get out of jail? How? etc
Do you have a pastor? Call him, get him involved. Surely he should know someone to help you.
Friends? Do they know anyone of power that can help? Meaning any officers that can help - ask your PD if this is a good idea in your area.
Family? I would ask everyone that i could what you can do and who you can go and talk to about your case.
I would continue on the internet - but a word of warning - don't get offended by some of the responses. There are jerks on the internet, too.

Why are you posting gibberish? You did this on another thread, and have yet to answer that thread. There is no room on this type of forum for idiots such as yourself. Care to tell us what a resume of his family is going to do?

Simple enough, if there is no evidence to convict, then there won't be a problem.

Care to answer the other thread? You are misleading posters every time you post.

Last edited:
S

shauness2004

Shes already out

luvnlsu said:
She is already out of jail, she got out the same night she was arrested. But she has court the 25 of this month. Like I said she has no priors, if a cop says she sold to him what else must he prove in court if anyhting? The day in question we rented a movie and had friends over and had a cook out. They have since moved out of State and will not be ablt to be in court when she goes. They a makeing a affidavit and are have it notirized, will that help the case??? We are getting a print out from the movie place so we will have that for profe. Also in the county we live in we have to pay a $40.00 dollars for the application fee for a public defender.
Is that legal or is there a way around that!!!
Any other advice please post or send a email to me personally @ [email protected] Thanks Again for any help anyone can provide!

N

nitroeater

RE. messed up

Houston, Tx.-----------Her if u bond out u can't use a public defender. I would not anyway. the last one for me tried to get me to take 2yrs. TDCJ without even looking at the facts. They are paid by the state for each case they resolve. ergo the fastest easiest way --- more money for them. they aren't the ones that are going to sit in prison and rot. Be careful. Bite the bullet get an atty. win your case and then sue the crap out of the arresting entity and all cities counties states etc. and smile while depositing the check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">