• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crayola110

What is the name of your state? California, Los Angeles

Hi my rental property has a deteriorating fence on the left side. The city told us that we have to repair or replace it. The fence is actually on our side of the property line and the panels face us so i thought maybe we could just tear down the fence completely and make it up to our neighbors on the left to build a new fence. I was told by a friend that I am only reponsible for the fence on the right side of the property. If this is'nt true should i just go ahead and ask my neighbor to pay for half of a new fence after I demolish the old one?
Also should I bulid the fence down the property line instead of just on my side??

I was wondering if this is really a law that when facing the property u are only reponsible for the right side fence?

Sorry for all the questions! but thanks.

HomeGuru

crayola110 said:
What is the name of your state? California, Los Angeles

Hi my rental property has a deteriorating fence on the left side. The city told us that we have to repair or replace it. The fence is actually on our side of the property line and the panels face us so i thought maybe we could just tear down the fence completely and make it up to our neighbors on the left to build a new fence. I was told by a friend that I am only reponsible for the fence on the right side of the property. If this is'nt true should i just go ahead and ask my neighbor to pay for half of a new fence after I demolish the old one?
Also should I bulid the fence down the property line instead of just on my side??

I was wondering if this is really a law that when facing the property u are only reponsible for the right side fence?

Sorry for all the questions! but thanks.
**A: knock down the fence and build the new one a few inches inside your property line.

crayola110

?

Is the neighbor to the left side of my house, when facing the houses from the street, responsible for his right side fence. While I'm responsible for my right side of the fence, touching my right side neighbors?

Is this true or a myth?

crayola110

?

Los Angeles, CA

Is the neighbor to the left side, when facing the houses from the street, responsible for the right side fence. While I'm responsible for my right side of the fence?

Is this true or a myth?

HomeGuru

crayola110 said:
Los Angeles, CA

Is the neighbor to the left side, when facing the houses from the street, responsible for the right side fence. While I'm responsible for my right side of the fence?

Is this true or a myth?
**A: a property owner is only responsible for their fence. Unless CC&R's state otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">