• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!! Possession (cocaine)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nikkimaloney

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
My boyfriend was arrested in april for possession of controlled sub.(cocaine).He bonded out and didnt show up for court so they issued a bench warrant and now has no bond. But what I want to know is what kind of penalty is he looking at, and will the bond forfeiture and failure to appear play a role in the sentence? This is also his first offence.

Last edited:

X

xith

Big mistake..

Since he ran, he'll most likely get into a lot more trouble for being untrustworthy, and have to pay fines. Running makes him look like he'll do it again, (Or is doing it again.).. The bondsman that you went through is also looking for him via Bounty Hunters.

That was a huge mistake.

They told me if I ran before my trial, and didnt report in and all that good stuff, I was looking at more time, plus having to pay a bunch of fines. Also, if he ever gets into trouble again, the judge probably wont give him the choice of being bonded/bailed out... :/

Crappy deal.

xith

N

nikkimaloney

Well hes already been arrested again. This time he cannot bond out! He's going to court in a week. I'm just wanting to know what kind of time if any is he looking at?? :( :(

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nikkimaloney said:
Well hes already been arrested again. This time he cannot bond out! He's going to court in a week. I'm just wanting to know what kind of time if any is he looking at?? :( :(

My response:

Hopefully "Life" without the possibility of parole. But, I'll accept a verdict of 10 to 20.

It's time to go hunting in the bars again, to get yourself a new, criminal boyfriend. Get one that has more tattoos.

IAAL

N

nitroeater

how long?

In Tx. it really doesn't matter if you ran or not, at least untill you are convicted. After that it only matters when you come up for parole, and the law has a tendency to frown on rabbits. How long your boyfriend will get depends on how much he got caught with. A dime bag or rock in texas will only get you a year max if it is your first offense - probably probation depends on your lawyer, under no circumstances let him use a court appointed atty. Those idiots only get paid to resaolve a case, and the less time they spend on it the more $$$ they make. Also do not pay attention to the idiots like the guy that posted areply before me. Some people are just jerks and haven't got a clue as to what's up! Take care and don't forget to invoke your higher power PEACE---- nitroeater

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">