• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA telling me to cut THEIR tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

okoya

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I'm in a town house with a fenced back yard. About 4 feet from my back fence on the common ground of the community is a large tree. The branches of the tree hang over my property. I like the branches and do not want them removed. The home owners association sent me a letter telling me I had to cut back the branches. Do I have pay to have the branches cut even if they don't bother me and it is not even my tree? Thank you

HomeGuru

okoya said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I'm in a town house with a fenced back yard. About 4 feet from my back fence on the common ground of the community is a large tree. The branches of the tree hang over my property. I like the branches and do not want them removed. The home owners association sent me a letter telling me I had to cut back the branches. Do I have pay to have the branches cut even if they don't bother me and it is not even my tree? Thank you
**A: no you don't. Tell them to act like a tree and leave,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">