• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daughter living with my best friend

• Thread starter sweetpea2904200
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweetpea2904200

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

The issue is my daughter is going to live w/ my best freind in the same state she is 16. I will be 2 hrs away. What kinda legal or forms do i need to fill out in order to make sure no repercussions come to any invloved. Ex.. accident schoool issues emergengy care ect. I am very concerned on the issue and do not know quite what to do about the situation. If there's anyone that can help it would be greatly appriciated.
thank you Sherie

Last edited:

R

RckyRose

Do you really want your daughter going out and living somewhere else while you are still responsible for her?

Kevmar44

You don't say why your daughter is living with your friend, but my sister moved to Ohio from Arkansas because our father was dying. After his death my niece decided she wanted to go back to Arkansas to graduate with her friends that she had grown up with. My sister went to a lawyer and had him draw up papers that basically said her friend had the legal right for emergency medical situations. My sister sent money for expenses and could have been there within half a day if anything serious happened. Everything worked out well and my niece is still in Arkansas living on her own now. Go to a lawyer and have some papers drawn up. If you trust your friend and your daughter, you should not have any problems.

BelizeBreeze

sweetpea2904200 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

The issue is my daughter is going to live w/ my best freind in the same state she is 16. I will be 2 hrs away. What kinda legal or forms do i need to fill out in order to make sure no repercussions come to any invloved. Ex.. accident schoool issues emergengy care ect. I am very concerned on the issue and do not know quite what to do about the situation. If there's anyone that can help it would be greatly appriciated.
thank you Sherie
Aside from the fact that you have not mentioned at all about custody and/or visitation orders, there are a host of problems. So, how about a little more information?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">