• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying outside of E Bay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

M00ze

What is the name of your state? Uk

I was bidding on a phone on E Bay which did not reach the reserve price, so I e-mailed the seller and I agreed to buy it off her. I posted a cheque which was cashed then waited, she has gave me lots of excuses over a few weeks, now this week she claims she has posted it. That was Monday, it hasn't arrived and i'm sure she has not sent it. Any advise on what I can do to retrieve my money or the phone. Thanks

JETX

M00ze said:
Exactly when did 'Uk' become a state??
And when the hell are you going to start paying your US Income Tax???

Forum rules, from the top of the screen: Questions about U.S. law ONLY.

A

AmIwrong?

Hello there,

Please ask your bank if they are able to something about it, like voiding the check if she has deposited the money into her account, if not, get her address and ask for the money back. It is indeed frustrating, this ebay selling and buying. Best for sellers, and Buyers beware.

I wish you luck.

HomeGuru

M00ze said:

I was bidding on a phone on E Bay which did not reach the reserve price, so I e-mailed the seller and I agreed to buy it off her. I posted a cheque which was cashed then waited, she has gave me lots of excuses over a few weeks, now this week she claims she has posted it. That was Monday, it hasn't arrived and i'm sure she has not sent it. Any advise on what I can do to retrieve my money or the phone. Thanks
**A: a great thread. An ebay topic and a writer from outside the US. My favorites.

You Are Guilty

HomeGuru said:
**A: a great thread. An ebay topic and a writer from outside the US. My favorites.
Now if he admitted he was 24 and wanted to date the 15 year old buyer while wondering how to get out a speeding ticket he got while trying to get his student visa because his neighbor paved a 1/2" section of his property, I'd have to agree with you. Until then, no dice :p

M

M00ze

Calm down JETX....

Phone has now arrived, only one problem it's f**ked!!

JETX

M00ze said:
Calm down JETX....

Phone has now arrived, only one problem it's f**ked!!
No problem. Now you just need to file a lawsuit in the small claims court in the county where the seller resides.... and show up at the time/date ordered. BTW, you won't need a visa when you come over. :D :D :D :D
Oh, and we are called attorneys over here... not barristers. And we don't have to wear those funny 'old lady' wigs!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">