• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Important. And need quick answer. Kidnapping?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paula92188

I live in Massachusetts, and my friend who is 15 years of age went to main with her "friend" who is 18. She didn't tell her dad where she was going. I had gotten a call earlier today from him asking me where she was since she had told me, I told him. My question is; Is it illegal for him to take her to Maine with getting parental concent first? I want to know what he can be charged with if so. :confused:

Happy Trails

paula92188 said:
I live in Massachusetts, and my friend who is 15 years of age went to main with her "friend" who is 18. She didn't tell her dad where she was going. I had gotten a call earlier today from him asking me where she was since she had told me, I told him. My question is; Is it illegal for him to take her to Maine with getting parental concent first? I want to know what he can be charged with if so. :confused:

Uh oh, someone's in big trouble. He can get in trouble for transporting a minor across state lines without parental permission.

He also could get in trouble for all kinds of things, depending on just exactly what they are doing in Maine.

CdwJava

This guy is looking at NUMEROUS state and federal charges.

He should probably get this child home QUICK and see what he can do to minimize the damage before the locals and the feds get involved. In my state he would be looking at many years in state prison as well as a likely lifetime registration as a sex offender ... because I seriously doubt they're in Maine enjoying the view.

- Carl

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And expect that she's not going to be your friend once she finds out who told her Dad. But..... you did the right thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">