• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Psycho Nanny in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bondalou

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband's grandmother (side story see Psycho Nanny under Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning) and I had a very severe argument over her allowing my 3- and 2-year-old sons to spend time with a friend of hers who is has a criminal past (drugs and theft). She has been warned about this individual by my father- and mother-in-law and a sheriff's deputy but refuses to get rid of him. When I expressed my concerns to her about him being around my children (I don't care what she does with him when they're not around), she exploded and I left. She followed me to my sister-in-law's apartment and proceeded to kick the door in. (This woman is 77) My sister-in-law (her granddaughter) innocently happened to be in her way and so Nanny started punching her in the face in front of me (6 mos. pregnant) and my two sons. She also grabbed my 3 year old by the arm and tried to drag him out the door and vowed she would take them away from me and her grandson. She now has family violence charges stemming from the punching incident. Do we have the right to keep our children away from her permanently because of her violent behavior? She also has been claiming that she has Alzheimer's. My oldest is scared of her and I never want her to see them again. My husband and I feel she is a danger to our babies. Her temper has become more and more volitile over the past couple of years. Does she have any great-grandparent rights? My husband and I are happily married (outside of her interference) and have no plans to divorce. She's also threatening to kick us out of the house that we've been living in for over 4 years that is in a trust that she shares with my father-in-law and my husband's two uncles. What are our rights?

BelizeBreeze

You can keep your children away from anyone you feel like unless it's their father. Get an order of protection against her and be done with this nut.

B

bondalou

Psycho Nanny

Texas --

See?!?! You read my other post and you see what I'm going through?!?!

LdiJ

bondalou said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband's grandmother (side story see Psycho Nanny under Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning) and I had a very severe argument over her allowing my 3- and 2-year-old sons to spend time with a friend of hers who is has a criminal past (drugs and theft). She has been warned about this individual by my father- and mother-in-law and a sheriff's deputy but refuses to get rid of him. When I expressed my concerns to her about him being around my children (I don't care what she does with him when they're not around), she exploded and I left. She followed me to my sister-in-law's apartment and proceeded to kick the door in. (This woman is 77) My sister-in-law (her granddaughter) innocently happened to be in her way and so Nanny started punching her in the face in front of me (6 mos. pregnant) and my two sons. She also grabbed my 3 year old by the arm and tried to drag him out the door and vowed she would take them away from me and her grandson. She now has family violence charges stemming from the punching incident. Do we have the right to keep our children away from her permanently because of her violent behavior? She also has been claiming that she has Alzheimer's. My oldest is scared of her and I never want her to see them again. My husband and I feel she is a danger to our babies. Her temper has become more and more volitile over the past couple of years. Does she have any great-grandparent rights? My husband and I are happily married (outside of her interference) and have no plans to divorce. She's also threatening to kick us out of the house that we've been living in for over 4 years that is in a trust that she shares with my father-in-law and my husband's two uncles. What are our rights?
You are the parents...you are an intact family...she has DV on her record and possibly Alzheimers. You make whatever decisions you feel are best for your sons. Obviously the rest of the family is going to back you up. Its unlikely she could get anywhere in court.

As far as the house is concerned...unless the rest of the members of the trust would agree with her (or at least a majority of them) there is nothing she can do to you there either.

B

bondalou

Thanks! And yes, we're going to stay an intact family, much to her dismay! That's why she's acting like this. She tries to get my husband to divorce me. Hasn't found any good reasons yet. I'm the only one who won't let her bully them into doing what she wants. It just really angers her that he loves me with all his heart and soul and I love him just as much!

rmet4nzkx

If she is not competent, in fact is claiming that as a defense and if all the other family members seem to agree, it might be better to consult with APS and a probate/elder law attorney to establish her lack of competence before she acts in relation to the trust. Some person's with AD do become violent so you may want to suggest an evaluation and also revoking of her license if she still drives.

mind your won business you ole witch!

ny-tell the meddling old hag to mind her own damm business!theyre your kids,and youll take them around anyone you want.btw,when she tried to take your 3 yr old away,that was attempted kidnapping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">