• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pineland in New Jersey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dijatalis

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. My dad bought a 5 acre parcel zoned residential in Woodbine right on the border of Belleplain St. Park in 1990. At the time the owner had 25 acres and sold them in 5 acre lots. The other 4 owners proceded to build on the lots but my dad didn't. He moved out of state (to MD) but continued to pay taxes. Then in 2000 he sold the property. However, the sale didn't go through because when the new owner went to get his licenses to build he was told he couldn't because the property was now considered wetlands and the Pinelands Commission said he couldn't build. So the sale was reversed and the property went back to my dad. He's still paying taxes now on a property that he can't build on. He's had two surveyers say the property is not wetlands but the Pinelands Commission says it is. How can this be resolved? He's paying taxes to Woodbine but can't use the property. This seems illegal to me. Anyone have any ideas or advice about this?
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">