• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TN Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My wife is getting a divorce which I have two minor kids. Both of us are on SSDI. My wife had an affair with the guy which was the reason she is getting a divorce. However, she denied having an affair and put blames on myself such as not helping her out and etc..

I gathered all of e-mails that she typed to her lover as well to me which she admitted she had an affair. I save those e-mails just in case.

I do not want a divorce, but to work out with her. I am living in Oregon, but my marriage is in Tennessee where she resided now. I was wondering what would the judge do to those e-mails that I will show? What would it make a difference to get a divorce if I hadn't show e-mails, but just her story?

Thanks, Tom

VeronicaGia

There are very few states, if any, where adultery plays a role in divorce. Most states are "no-fault."

However, keep them in case they come in handy. Why do you want to work it out with her and how do you expect to do that from Oregon? Did she move to TN or did you move to OR?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">