• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long can a dissolution take?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ohiomomof2

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband and I have been separated since January, 2003. We got together again in September of 2003 and separated again in January, 2004. We are supposed to be getting a dissolution. His lawyer is supposed to be working up the papers and sending them to my lawyer. I was told they had to wait for my bankruptcy, which has been discharged now since June. According to my lawyer, he still has not received papers. I was told by my husband that his lawyer said he sent them 2 weeks ago. My lawyer has talked to his lawyer and last I heard a few weeks ago he was working on the papers. Every time I call my lawyer, he returns my call saying he still hasn't gotten them and that he will contact my husband's lawyer again. I don't hear back from him until I call him again and get the same answer. This has been going on for months. I am frustrated with both my lawyer, his lawyer and him. I seem to be the only one that cares. I don't know who is lying here, but I am extremely frustrated. Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">