• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prisoner's Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luvnlsu

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Do prisoner's have any rights?

I have witnessed some unhumanly actions and behaviors and I understand how even in American and in prison we can treat people this way.

My brother has not been allowed a change of clothes or a shower in 3 weeks. His group has not been allowed outside in the past 4 weeks. They are given a bolgna sandwich at 4 for supper.

My brother is just being held at this point, he has not been convicted.

Women are not given underwear, and they have to buy pads...I know this because my church donates underwear to the jail to help these women.

Again my question is DO They have any given rights???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, they have rights. They have the right to NOT commit crimes against society. If they DON'T commit crimes against society, then they won't have to worry about taking showers or pads or underwear. But, since they ARE criminals, and since they are behind bars, then you know the old saying: "Out of sight, and out of mind."

In other words, they are getting what they deserve, and thankfully, I don't have to worry about myself, my family, my friends, or my neighbors. That's because these idiot criminals are behind bars without showers, pads and underwear.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

So, they want to be treated like human beings instead of the animals they are?

It's a little too late for them to be thinking like that, wouldn't you say?

IAAL

L

luvnlsu

I appreciate your opinion, but I was looking for an answer. I'm not asking for all criminals, I'm concerned for my brother. He should not be in jail and has not been convicted of any charges.

I'm glad you are concerned about your friends, family and neighbors I hope you never have to be in this predictment, but we are all given rights and are innocent until proven guilty not guilty till proven innocent.

Your comments were quick to judge and I'm sorry you lack the compassion and concern for another.

Again, I was looking for an answer not an editorial...

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

luvnlsu said:
I appreciate your opinion, but I was looking for an answer. I'm not asking for all criminals, I'm concerned for my brother. You should not be in jail and has not been convicted of anything. I'm glad you are concerned about your friends, family and neighbors I hope you never have to be in this predictment, but we are all given rights and are innocent until proven guilty not guilty till proven innocent.

Your comments were quick to judge and I'm sorry you lack the compassion and concern for another.

Again, I was looking for an answer not an editorial...

My response:

Your brother's trial is just going to be a "formality". He committed the crime, and he's going where he belongs - - sans pads.

IAAL

D

D.B. Cooper

Just ignore this clown "stepenk" he sounds like he gets his facts of off perry mason, probaly while high on crack, what a ignorant moron.

Shay-Pari'e

(Quote)I'm concerned for my brother. You should not be in jail and has not been convicted of anything. (QUOTE)

Then why is he in jail? You have posted to numerous people on this site, with idiotic responses. First you tell a person he can get his arrest off his record because he was Honorably Discharged from the military. In another post you told the person to write a Family Resume to the DA.

You are obviously experience with the law, so I am a bit baffled why you are asking this question.

Ignore Coop, he has no clue either, he is just lonely. He didn't offer you any legal advice either. (No Surprise)

Last edited:

djt72

You state innocent until proven guilty.
If that were really the case, why would people go to jail till convicted? Would they not be free until they are sentenced? I do not in any way feel bad for the treatment of prisoners. They are treated better then the Military men and women that are defending our freedom. These poor people go through **** but still believe in what they are doing to better the rest of the country.
Criminals on the other hand, have infringed on our rights that are fought for so hard, and cry boo hoo when they are mistreated. They gave up their rights when they decided to commit a crime. I respect my rights so I will not have to worry about jail time in the future. I know of a rapist who went to jail (how long not sure) got his college education, and came out with a degree. I on the other hand committed no crime and still paying off my college loans. Does that seem fair? Our soldiers are dying overseas. Does that seem fair? The victims of crimes suffer horribly and have to live with it the rest of their life. Is that fair?
Sorry, I have no pity, and in my opinion he is lucky to get bologna.

I do not know the entire backgound of your bro's case, nor do I care. He is in jail for a reason, and how long will be determined soon enough. He is where he belongs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">