• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation living arrangements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mattie M.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

If I move out prior to filing for divorce and move in with a longtime male friend will this have an adverse effect on the proceedings. I don't have a lot of other options of places to go and this would be the least expensive for the time being. My children are in college and are not an issue.

annefan

Your longtime male friend could be construed as a paramour. It could have an effect on your divorce proceedings, depends on what you're looking for.

M

Mattie M.

Separation living arrangments

I just don't want it construed as such as I would be paying rent and be basically a roommate. Could this possible cost me during the settlement procedures. I don't believe Texas has a "legal separation".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In TX, the court CAN consider fault when deciding settlement issues. So if your stbx alleges or the court decides that your friend is actually your lover, it could affect your property settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">