• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

living together during seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

confusedinMI

What is the name of your state? Michigan/Canada

I have been dating a man who is from Canada for a few months and he has recently asked me to move in with him. The problem is, is that his divorce is not final and may not be until Feb. He thinks that by having me sign a paper saying we are strictly roommates will protect us from any action his wife may take if she found out. Am I setting myself, or him, up for more trouble than it's worth?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well..... For starters, you'd be lying. I guess it depends on your ethics whether that would be a problem to you (*). Then, he's married - separated or not. So it's an adulterous situation. See (*).

BelizeBreeze

confusedinMI said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan/Canada

I have been dating a man who is from Canada for a few months and he has recently asked me to move in with him. The problem is, is that his divorce is not final and may not be until Feb. He thinks that by having me sign a paper saying we are strictly roommates will protect us from any action his wife may take if she found out. Am I setting myself, or him, up for more trouble than it's worth?
And of course, starting a relationship with a man who would lie to the courts and his ex so that he can take advantage of you is wonderful right? Great longterm potential right?

And of course, he'd NEVER do the same to you.......RIGHT?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">