• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

relocating a minor in california who is on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ohdear1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
This weekend I was told my landlord is selling my home - thus we have to move - my 14 year old is on probation and I am wondering what the law is in re: to moving out of the area while a child is on probation? I meet with PO on the 12th and I would like to have my ducks in a row before going in - we want to stay in California but move out of the county about 160 miles away - are they going to give me a hard time about this?? Has anyone had experience with this kind of situation?

CdwJava

Depending on the circumstances, chances are that there will be little difficulty in moving him to another county ... provided the other county is willing to accept him as a charge with their county.

Also, it's possible that your county might consider an early release, or informmal probation as opposed to formal probation.

And, it is always a slim possibility that they will say, "No" to the whole thing.

Contact the P.O. before the meeting as that will save you a lot of guesswork and heartache.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">