• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ divorce law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

azspunky

What is the name of your state? ARIZONA/DELAWARE

My son is in the military, resident of AZ, now stationed in DE. Wife also in DE. There is a child by the marriage and supposedly, this divorce would be uncontested. Wanting a divorce, can he file in AZ and not have to appear in court to obtain the divorce? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hisbabygirl77

I do not know if this pertains with him being in the military but when in Arizona if you have a child and you are filing for divorce you must complete a class which is for 2 nights over a two week period on children of divorce. They are very strict in the courts here about attending those classes and if she files then no he does not need to show he would if non contested sign the papers and attend the classes but not have to show up for court. My ex husband in fact did not ever show for court. If he does file then yes he would need to show for court. As I said though I do not know if the rules are different since he is military. Sorry I couldnt be of more help. I will say though that in the classes I attended that there were military men and women who were there and the class was also required for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">