• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchase protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

personnorton

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I'm thinking of making a major purchase ( a new motorcycle) from an outfit in Texas via internet and/or telephone ordering and sending a certified check through fedex. I have checked with BBB and the local chamber of commerce. They are listed with each with no complaints on their records.

If they were to just pocket the money and send me nothing, what could I do to get the money back

LdiJ

personnorton said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I'm thinking of making a major purchase ( a new motorcycle) from an outfit in Texas via internet and/or telephone ordering and sending a certified check through fedex. I have checked with BBB and the local chamber of commerce. They are listed with each with no complaints on their records.

If they were to just pocket the money and send me nothing, what could I do to get the money back
I have made lots of internet purchases over the years. For the most part I have had no problems. However, on a couple of occasions I have, and there is almost no REAL remedy. I personally wouldn't make a MAJOR purchase over the internet, unless it was from an established "clicks and mortar" company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">