• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Max68

WhWhat is the name of your state? Ohio
There is a 16' utility easement granted to the city I live in. Half of the easement is on my neighbor's property and the remaining half is on mine. Under this 16 foot easement area is buried a storm pipe that runs 3' over onto my property from the boudary line.As the recorded easement states, the city has the perpetual right of way to access this pipe at anytime, for whatever maintenance reason or for any kind of work required.This easement was originally granted to the City from the developer that previously owned the two lots.

My neighbor one day trespassed onto my property (while I was away) by extending a drainage pipe onto my property. He tied-in his pipe into the storm pipe owned and maintaned by the City. He had no permits from me nor from the City to do such work. I removed that pipe from my property.My neighbor still wants to tie in to that pipe and has requested from the the city to do it for him.
Can the city really do that for him? Can the City grant my neighbor permission to come onto my property and do the connections?
The easement is granted only to the city not to my neighbor.
Thank you for your help.
at is the name of your state? Ohio

HomeGuru

Max68 said:
WhWhat is the name of your state? Ohio
There is a 16' utility easement granted to the city I live in. Half of the easement is on my neighbor's property and the remaining half is on mine. Under this 16 foot easement area is buried a storm pipe that runs 3' over onto my property from the boudary line.As the recorded easement states, the city has the perpetual right of way to access this pipe at anytime, for whatever maintenance reason or for any kind of work required.This easement was originally granted to the City from the developer that previously owned the two lots.

My neighbor one day trespassed onto my property (while I was away) by extending a drainage pipe onto my property. He tied-in his pipe into the storm pipe owned and maintaned by the City. He had no permits from me nor from the City to do such work. I removed that pipe from my property.My neighbor still wants to tie in to that pipe and has requested from the the city to do it for him.
Can the city really do that for him? Can the City grant my neighbor permission to come onto my property and do the connections?
The easement is granted only to the city not to my neighbor.
Thank you for your help.
at is the name of your state? Ohio
**A: yes, the City can do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">