• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mellgolec

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

I am wondering if I can file contempt of court. I had gotten a temporary order for my spouse to pay child support to me until the state could set up withholding and also 1/2 of children's medical bills and he never paid. Now we went to the final court date yesterday and the judge said "you need to enforce the order." I said "how do I do that?" She said "ask an attorney."

Please help!!

VeronicaGia

mellgolec said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon.

I am wondering if I can file contempt of court. I had gotten a temporary order for my spouse to pay child support to me until the state could set up withholding and also 1/2 of children's medical bills and he never paid. Now we went to the final court date yesterday and the judge said "you need to enforce the order." I said "how do I do that?" She said "ask an attorney."

Please help!!
Yes, you should file contempt against him for non-payment of child support.

M

mellgolec

Contempt of Court

Can I file contempt myself and if so, what papers do I need to file?

Thanks for your reply

O

owltime

i would file contempt of court on him if i was you, that is what i am going through right now, my ex not paying me for medical bills, he has not paid me for two years now. I dont know if you can do it yourself, where i live we can not, we have to have a lawyer file the contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">