• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kind of a silly question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BionicWoman

What is the name of your state?
New York

I do not honestly believe that there is a case here, but I have been hounded by many people to at the very least seek legal advice.

Six weeks ago I had a wisdom tooth removed by an oral surgeon. this was done with a local anesthetic. I was sent home with a prescription for Vicodin and an antibiotic. I filled the prescription and then proceeded to take the train home which is about an hour ride. By the time I boarded the train I was in severe and excruciating pain, but did not take the Vicodin as the surgeon advised taking it with foos to avoid nausea. Once I was home I immediately took 2 Vicodins and went to bed. Two and a half hours later I woke up and was extremely dizzy and disoriented. I fell in the bedroom of my home, breaking my ankle. This resulted in a two-night hospital stay and surgery to insert a metal plate and screws into the bone.

Like I said before it sounds like a silly question, but I have many people insisting that the oral surgeon is at fault and never should have sent me home unsupervised.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

ellencee

BionicWoman
If you are using the term "local anesthetic" correctly, then you received injections to block the pain of the tooth extraction. Local anesthesia does not prevent one from driving home from the procedure or from going home without supervision.

You were instructed to take the Vicodin with food; you did not. You took two Vicodin on an empty stomach; no wonder you were dizzy and disoriented and fell, thereby fracturing your ankle.

You are correct; the oral surgeon did nothing wrong and you have no legal recourse. I hope you at least have won a wager for an expensive meal!

EC

BelizeBreeze

ellencee said:
BionicWoman
If you are using the term "local anesthetic" correctly, then you received injections to block the pain of the tooth extraction. Local anesthesia does not prevent one from driving home from the procedure or from going home without supervision.

You were instructed to take the Vicodin with food; you did not. You took two Vicodin on an empty stomach; no wonder you were dizzy and disoriented and fell, thereby fracturing your ankle.

You are correct; the oral surgeon did nothing wrong and you have no legal recourse. I hope you at least have won a wager for an expensive meal!

EC
Sometimes EC is just soooooooo cute. I have an expensive meal waiting for you huggie bear :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">