• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged, but not convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

therapyone

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My company recently did a background check on me (with written consent) & discovered that I was charged, but not convicted, of misdemeanor drug possession earlier this year. I was given an 894 & unsupervised probation x 1 yr. My employer DID NOT provided a copy of my consumer report or a list of my rights. (I am not sure if they used a 3rd party to run the checks) I have been suspended without pay pending an "investigation". It has been almost a week since then & the employer has not returned my calls to inform me of any results of this investigation or as to my future with the company. I think he is holding out hoping that I will quit due to the fact that I know too much about some other things.
A couple of months ago, I discovered that the Director of Operations of this company was perpetrating Medicare fraud. Because it was done in the facilities where I work, it was done under my medical license. My employer met me @ a restaurant after work to look over the documentation I had. He fed me lots of wine & complements of my work performance which escalated to him complementing my beauty & rubbing my leg. In an attempt to make him stop, I asked him how long he's been married to which his reply was that he only wore the ring for "show". He told me that the Director of Operations had been demoted, however she was not.
I really do not want to get another job because I love my patients & I am in the process of purchasing a property.
Do I have any legal recourse here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">