• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lina0004

What is the name of your state?North Carolina
i am 16 and wanting to get emancipated. i go to the local community college and me and my parents are not getting along i can't get things done now they are tring to say i can't see my boyfriend who i have been with for th last almost 2 years. Could you tell me what could happen if i just walked out could she make me come home and how do i file to get emancipated

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You'd have to prove to a judge that you're completely self-sufficient. That you can pay for housing, food, clothes, health care, transportation and so on w/o any help from anyone (and that includes no living with a roommate/boyfriend). And figure that Mom's not going to pay tuition if she is now.

L

LilMaSha08

your rights

you can go to the court house to file to get emancipated, I am 14 and have a baby and just got emancipated and they judge knows I am staying with a room mate and my babies father, so you shoudl be able to but I don't know about walking out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">