• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Brutality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cyborg50

undefinedMy family lives in Louisiana in Claiborne Parish. My son, age 26, was recently arrested and charged with two counts of possession, operating a meth lab, and crulty to a juvenile. Bond was set at $250,000. He has no previous criminal record. A friend of his asked him to bring some butane to this barn where his friend was going to set up a lab. When he got there, he didn't even make it inside before he heard the police busting in the other end. A vehicle was closing in on him, so he ran into the woods and laid face down on the ground, which is where they found him. He offered up no resistance, they handcuffed him behind his back and one officer said to the other, 'Look, he ran into a tree.' and began kicking the crap out of him. This is wrong in any rational persons view. An ambulance was called to the scene and my son was examined by a parametic who said that it did not appear that he had run into a tree to her. The nurse at the detention center examined him the following day and sent him to the hospital for further examination. I talked to this nurse and she said, 'They said he ran into a tree, but I don't know.' in a sarcastic way indicating to me that she didn't buy the officers story. My communications to the ambulance service and the hospital have gone unanswered, the ambulance service telling telling me they would have to check with their attourney before they could respond. My questions are what do I need to do to give these 'public servants' their just rewards and can I use this to possibly get all charges thrown out

Last edited:

HomeGuru

cyborg50 said:
undefinedMy family lives in Louisiana in Claiborne Parish. My son, age 26, was recently arrested and charged with two counts of possession, operating a meth lab, and crulty to a juvenile. Bond was set at $250,000. He has no previous criminal record. A friend of his asked him to bring some butane to this barn where his friend was going to set up a lab. When he got there, he didn't even make it inside before he heard the police busting in the other end. A vehicle was closing in on him, so he ran into the woods and laid face down on the ground, which is where they found him. He offered up no resistance, they handcuffed him behind his back and one officer said to the other, 'Look, he ran into a tree.' and began kicking the crap out of him. This is wrong in any rational persons view. An ambulance was called to the scene and my son was examined by a parametic who said that it did not appear that he had run into a tree to her. The nurse at the detention center examined him the following day and sent him to the hospital for further examination. I talked to this nurse and she said, 'They said he ran into a tree, but I don't know.' in a sarcastic way indicating to me that she didn't buy the officers story. My communications to the ambulance service and the hospital have gone unanswered, the ambulance service telling telling me they would have to check with their attourney before they could respond. My questions are what do I need to do to give these 'public servants' their just rewards and can I use this to possibly get all charges thrown out
**A: all they did was beat him up? They should have shot him and left him for dead.
Thats what we call "ice cream" in my neck of da woods.

Last edited:

AHA

Unless the incident was videotaped, there isn't much more than his word against theirs, and who would believe a drug dealer?
Do you seriously think that it would be right in dropping the charges against your son?????? He was running a meth lab!!!!!!!! Drugs for kids to ...heir lives on, is that something you want to encourage your son to do? Put yourself in the shoes of a mother of a kid that died from your son's drugs, or killed someone while high on your son's drugs, would you be so forgiving and accepting of what he's doing? No wonder teens have gone downhill so bad if they're brought up with those kinds of values. And he's 26, not exactly a spring chicken, which is even worse. I'd be ashamed of a kid like that, but maybe I was just brought up right by caring parents :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CdwJava

As the mother of an adult, you have no standing to initiate a lawsuit against the police. Your son would have to engage an attorney to do that - not you.

If it happened, then it certainly IS wrong. However, his credibility may be a little weak given the whole meth lab thing.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">