• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inspectors scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sac_radical

What is the name of your state?
California, Texas, Georgia, Lousiana, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Florida, Utah, Colorado

I am currently employed as a recruiter for a building inspectors company who "hires" inspectors to do inspections and mold investigation. The company is based in California but hires in many different states. When potential inspectors call in response to job ads in their state's paper it's my job to try and sale them a set of courses that costs $500-$700. The company requires that their inspectors complete this course and promise $30-$45/hr but the problem is that there in no job. The courses are actually written by the company and the "National Association" that provides them does not exist. This company operates under a few different titles and I've recieve calls from Newspaper editors saying that they refuse to run our ad because the company itself doesn't actually exist. Approximately 50 people a week are sold this course,which is almost impossible to pass and those who jump through all the hoops and submit an application eager to begin their new careers never get calls back and when they call to inquire about their application they're giving a number, which no one ever answers or returns messages.

Have these people broken any laws?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">