• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Toys 'R' Us Fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mdanielson

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin. My wife, daughter, and I were at Toys'R'Us getting a gift for our nephew. My wife notice a sale on the bikes and was thinking of getting our daughter her first bike. We asked a store clerk if they had bikes made for her size and he told us yes and showed us where they were. He then told us it was alright to place our daughter on the bike to test it out. No more then a couple minutes on bike my daughter some how fell over and cut flesh holding the upper lip to the gum and fractured her nose on the ledge were theey keep the bikes. The bike had training wheels. Now the store is offering $50 gift card if I sign a release. Should I pursue more or with a attorney? :confused:

N

Night_on_Earth

Children on bikes fall. How is this the store's fault?

M

Mdanielson

Other stores wont let you use display bikes. Toys r us encourages you to. I mean I made sure she was balanced and at her side the whole time. She was not peddling or moving just sitting on it and out of nowhere fell over hard and we rush to the bath room for wet towels for her face(which was bleeding every where) and at that time the manger was told. He meet us up front and told us we need to fill out some forms. The forms had to be printed and it was taking along time so My wife told him to plaese just take our info down and we will be back to fill out the forms. He demanded we fill out the forms now ,but we just wanted to get our daughter to the doctor. He finally go it to print and we made him follow us to our car well filling it out.

N

Night_on_Earth

Seems to me that you are the one who failed to perform.

Last edited by a moderator:

You Are Guilty

Mdanielson said:
Any Relpys To Me :confused:
Sure, but none you're going to want to hear.

Personally, I'd take the $50 and be glad the store didn't call CPS on you for letting your daughter get hurt while you were "standing next to her".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">