• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal age for sex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

belle55

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

What is the law for a 16 or 17 year old male having sex with a 14 year old female?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No 14 year old of either gender has any business having sex with anyone of any age.

JETX

belle55 said:
What is the law for a 16 or 17 year old male having sex with a 14 year old female?
Simple. It is NOT legal and the 16 or 17 year old can be charged with a variety of criminal violations.
As for which ones.... it is clear that you are either the 14 year old (as you seem sure of THAT age), or this is a homework assignment (due to the age 'range' of the older CHILD!).
In either case, you can read the applicable laws at: http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Index&Title_Request=XLVI#TitleXLVI

B

belle55

Dear Jet,
Thank you for your reply. I am a parent, and am looking for some data on an activity that I do NOT condone.
Can you tell me which statute in the florida code you think would be helpful for me? I went to the website (thank you), but could not wade through it enough to find the right statute.
Thank you.

JETX

belle55 said:
Can you tell me which statute in the florida code you think would be helpful for me?
The 'right' statute depends entirely on the EXACT contact and situations. It is simply not possible to be specific until such time as the criminal act occurs. Until then, only a RANGE of possibilties can be determined.
For example, we all know that theft is a crime. However, we can't determine whether the actual charge is embezzlement, forgery, etc., felony or misdemeanor until such time as the FACTS are set. Same here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">