• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nanamolinar

What is the name of your state? Texas
I went to the Dentist in 11/1987 and he had trouble numbing me and gave me 3-4 extra injections. When the procedure was done he just let me leave and I had a car accident a block away from his office. Due to witness I was in a daze and passed the stop sign and I was hit and flipped my car 3 times and broke my hip and pelvis. I was young and did not know I could sue the dentist and just thanked god I was alive and paid my medical bills myself.

My question is. I had to have a total hip replacment in 08/2004 due to my previous injury and have a lot of medical bills now due to my surgery. I have been in pain for the last 5-8 years. Is there anything I can do to file a suit against the dentist to pay for my current surgery and pain and suffering right now or am I out of time.

It's been 17 years since this has took place. The time to bring a law suit against a Dr is a year or two in most states. But some times there's a law or something where it's from were the time you find out about the harm that might have been caused to you buy the DR. But it's been 17 years so I'm sure there's nothing you can do now. You can aways call a lawyer and see what they say. Good luck with that.

ellencee

There never was any reason to consider suing the dentist.

The anesthetic was local and no matter how many injections were administered, local anesthesia used in dental procedures does not impair the ability to drive. Dental local anesthetics contain epinephrine or a similar agent that keeps the anesthetic from 'leaving' the area of the injection.

The OP is responsible for the accident 17 years ago, not the dentist.

EC

Ellencee

Ellencee that's a good point I didn't even think of. I was thinking of the 17 year that pasted that they now wanted to do some thing about it. People just don't make sense anymore. It would of been different if they had put them under gas. But 17 years later.

ellencee

tphillips78
I'm having trouble sending you that last file. I'm going to email you the link instead of the text and if you don't get the email by this evening, email me and let me know. I think the link/text may have a block on it, making it where it can't be sent via email. If that's the case, I'll come up with a way to communicate the link's address. I apologize for the delay!
EC

J

joeyblow

You were "in a daze"? Why the hell were you driving? You should have waited until you felt better.

It is doubtful the anesthesia had anything to do with the accident. However, even if you had the accident because the dentist accidently injected your brain with Novocaine, you cannot sue him now. It is too late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">