• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrokerRE

Michigan.

Bought an investment property and it seemed like the fence was awfully close to the home. I brought my concerns to the neighbor, and they simply replied "that fence has been there for years."

I had a stake survey done this morning, and that fence was 4 feet over the property line. When the homeowners next door came home, they went ballistic when they saw the stakes, and the spray paint marking the stakes.

They pulled up the wooden stakes, (the rod in the ground is in way too deep to pull) and they parked their vehicles over the line. I called the police and they said, it's a civil dispute and they won't do anything.

What more do I have to do besides pay $700 for a stake survey?

annefan

For starters, send them a certified letter with a return receipt asking them to remove the fence that sits on your property and give them a set amount of time to do it in
Then cross reference your survey report with what is documented and recorded on your title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">