• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prescription fraud 1st time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bob666

What is the name of your state? ca

What punishment can I expect for forging several prescriptions for a controlled substance - not only on a prescription blank several times but on an included to be signed prescription blank provided by the company who sent my medicine. All the forgeries are for the same medicine, Stadol, a nasal spray for migraines. I have never been in any trouble with the law, not even a parking ticket. A new company faxed a copy of the script to the doctor (who is out of town until mon). his secretary noticed the signature didn't match. I told her how could that be possible She said she didn't know but would show it to the doc and it might go to the DEA. What should I do? If it goes to the DEA how do they investigate internet script fraud? Would they check with other pharmacies or is there a way to track the prescriptions? The handwriting is not mine. They said for me to come in Mon to talk to the doctor but I am afraid to. I don't want the police, however, to come in the middle of the night.

What puishment can I expect if this does go to the DEA for a first offense(with multiple forgeries/same drug)? How can they prove it was me that forged the prescriptions - maybe someone spilled a drink on my file so had to "recreate" it. I am wondering what I should do. Is silence my best bet?

Will they break down my door or will they ask me to come in for questioning? Does anyone know how much approximately lawyers fees would be. I don't intend on going to the appt. Monday as I am scared. Please help me if you can. Thanks

LdiJ

bob666 said:
What is the name of your state? ca

What punishment can I expect for forging several prescriptions for a controlled substance - not only on a prescription blank several times but on an included to be signed prescription blank provided by the company who sent my medicine. All the forgeries are for the same medicine, Stadol, a nasal spray for migraines. I have never been in any trouble with the law, not even a parking ticket. A new company faxed a copy of the script to the doctor (who is out of town until mon). his secretary noticed the signature didn't match. I told her how could that be possible She said she didn't know but would show it to the doc and it might go to the DEA. What should I do? If it goes to the DEA how do they investigate internet script fraud? Would they check with other pharmacies or is there a way to track the prescriptions? The handwriting is not mine. They said for me to come in Mon to talk to the doctor but I am afraid to. I don't want the police, however, to come in the middle of the night.

What puishment can I expect if this does go to the DEA for a first offense(with multiple forgeries/same drug)? How can they prove it was me that forged the prescriptions - maybe someone spilled a drink on my file so had to "recreate" it. I am wondering what I should do. Is silence my best bet?

Will they break down my door or will they ask me to come in for questioning? Does anyone know how much approximately lawyers fees would be. I don't intend on going to the appt. Monday as I am scared. Please help me if you can. Thanks
Get yourself a consult with an attorney before Monday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">