• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20 years old caught shoplifting from Raleys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danny00014

California, Butte County...

So I got caught stealing 5 bottles of Robitussin Cough Gels from Raley's, I was taken to the security office and two patrol officers were called out. I was cited for Misdemeanor, 488 PC / petty theft...

I have to go down to the police station, and get booked, which I guess only happens on the damn weekends... I went down today and they told me to come back on the weekend from 9 - 11.. is this normal procedure?

I have a court date of 10/29 ....

I am pretty scared, this is my first and hopefully only run in with the law I will ever have, I am 20 years old, and I just want to know what sort of punishment I will be looking for, what sort of quesitons will the Judge ask me? What are the best things for me to do, to make sure that I will not be sent to jail!!!

thank you
Danny

HomeGuru

Danny00014 said:

So I got caught stealing 5 bottles of Robitussin Cough Gels from Raley's, I was taken to the security office and two patrol officers were called out. I was cited for Misdemeanor, 488 PC / petty theft...

I have to go down to the police station, and get booked, which I guess only happens on the damn weekends... I went down today and they told me to come back on the weekend from 9 - 11.. is this normal procedure?

I am pretty scared, this is my first and hopefully only run in with the law I will ever have, I am 20 years old, and I just want to know what sort of punishment I will be looking for, what sort of quesitons will the Judge ask me? What are the best things for me to do, to make sure that I will not be sent to jail!!!

thank you
Danny
**A: what? March down Friday and demand to be booked today.

TYRIS

Danny00014 said:

thank you
Danny

-The only question the judge is going to ask you is if you plead guity (which you are) or not guilty (which you or not). As a first time offender for petty theft you're more than likely going to get a fine and summary probation.

Tyris

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You said: "I got caught stealing 5 bottles of Robitussin Cough Gels".

What the hell is that about? I've heard about stealing food, or clothing, but who the hell steals over-the-counter medications? That wouldn't be first on my list.

So, what gives?

IAAL

D

Danny00014

I was going to use them for, "recrational drug use" ... and what is summary probation?

rmet4nzkx

Danny00014 said:
I was going to use them for, "recrational drug use" ... and what is summary probation?
They took the PPA out of those several years ago, what an idiot! You could get an easier although potentially lethal high on the spice asile :rolleyes: It takes about 2 weeks for a new Raleys to be open before before the town idiots realize that they have eyes in the sky. You need help in many ways!

O

OhBullship

Be sure to tell the judge that you were taking them for recreational use. I'm sure that will get some leniency for you.

D

Danny00014

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oh, so you're a brain dead, burned out, druggie.

You'll get whatever you deserve.

IAAL
Don't act like you know me, and throw around assumptions. It only makes you look like a jackass.

D

Danny00014

rmet4nzkx said:
They took the PPA out of those several years ago, what an idiot! You could get an easier although potentially lethal high on the spice asile :rolleyes: It takes about 2 weeks for a new Raleys to be open before before the town idiots realize that they have eyes in the sky. You need help in many ways!
you have no Idea of the recreational useses of dextromethorphan ...

and nutmeg just poisons your body...

Shay-Pari'e

Danny00014 said:
you have no Idea of the recreational useses of dextromethorphan ...

and nutmeg just poisons your body...
Actually, you are wrong. That is no longer an ingredient. What a waste of your time lifting it huh?

Guaifenesin (glyceryl guaiacolate), *ROBITUSSIN* for the druggie here, has the chemical name 3-(2- methoxyphenoxy)-1,2-propanediol. Its molecular formula is C10H14O4 with a molecular weight of 198.21. It is a white or slightly gray crystalline substance with a slightly bitter aromatic taste. One gram dissolves in 20 mL water at 25° C; it is freely soluble in ethanol. Guaifenesin is readily absorbed from the GI tract and is rapidly metabolized and excreted in the urine. Guaifenesin has a plasma half- life of one hour. The major urinary metabolite is b-(2-methoxyphenoxy) lactic acid.

ORGANIDIN® NR* (* Newly Reformulated) (guaifenesin) is an expectorant available for oral administration as:

Tablets: each containing 200 mg guaifenesin, USP.

Other ingredients: Corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C Red No. 40, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose.

Liquid: each teaspoonful (5 mL) containing 100 mg guaifenesin, USP.

Other ingredients: Caramel, citric acid, flavor (raspberry), glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution.

Who would have known? :rolleyes:

D

Danny00014

LOL WOW! did you copy that from google?

Guaifenesin (glyceryl guaiacolate) isn't even the main ingredient in the type of cough aide that you would use for recrational use.

Seriously.... all I can say is wow, and watch all of the uneducated babble continue... I came here for some advice, not to be slandered, by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Shay-Pari'e

Cough Medicine Abuse:

Some young people are abusing over-the-counter medicines containing dextromethorphan (DXM). While abuse of these products is not widespread, every parent should be aware of the facts about DXM.

Q: What is DXM?

XM is a safe and effective cough suppressant ingredient found in over-the-counter (OTC) cough medicines. When used according to directions, products containing DXM produce few side effects and have a long history of safety and effectiveness.

Some teens are attempting to get high by taking much larger than recommended doses of DXM in the form of OTC cough syrup, tablets and gel caps. In these high doses, DXM can produce hallucinogenic and dissociative effects.

Q: What are dissociative effects?

Dissociative effects include distorted perceptions of sight and sound as well as feelings of detachment or separation from the environment and self.

Q: What are the effects of DXM abuse?

The effects of DXM abuse vary with the amount taken. Common effects can include confusion, dizziness, double or blurred vision, slurred speech, impaired pysical coordination, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, rapid heart beat, drowsiness, numbness of fingers and toes, and disorientation. DXM abusers describe different "plateaus" ranging from mild distortions of color and sound to visual hallucinations and "out-of-body," dissociative, sensations, and loss of motor control. DXM is also sometimes abused with other drugs or alcohol, which can increase the dangerous physiological effects.

Scientific information provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse

Q: What are some common brand names of products that contain DXM?

There are over 100 different products that contain DXM (not including generic brands). Most cough remedies contain DXM since the ingredient dextromethorphan safely and effectively suppresses coughs brought on by the common cold or flu. DXM works by raising the coughing threshold in the brain.

Products that contain DXM come in several forms -- Edited as to not give the druggie other things to lift.
What are slang terms for dextromethorphan?

Slang terms for dextromethorphan vary by product and region. The most common terms include: Dex, DXM, Robo, Skittles, Syrup, Triple-C and Tussin.

Terms for using dextromethorphan include: Robo-ing, Robo-tripping and skittling.

Q: How common is DXM abuse?

There are currently no adequate prevalence measures of DXM abuse, however, use is estimated to be low compared to other drugs. Abuse of cough medicines containing DXM is characterized as sporadic by the Drug Enforcement Administration.

There is little in current teen culture — music, movies, fashion and entertainment — that promotes or even mentions cough medicine abuse. The one exception is the Internet.

Q: What types of DXM sites are found online?

A number of web sites promote the abuse of DXM. The information on these sites ranges from recommending how much to take, suggesting other drugs to combine with DXM, instructing how to extract DXM from cough medicines, and even selling a powder form of DXM for snorting.

It would not surprise me that some "ROBITUSSIN* products may be included in this list.

Parents beware, thats all I can say. Your children may be idiots posting to a legal web site being proud of shop lifting, and killing themselves.

OH! and Mr. Druggie, I have not died yet from using nutmeg. Your poor folks, they will be burying you at a young age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">